On average, people brush about 60% of the surfaces of their teeth. To get the remaining surface clean we are told to floss. Flossing is uncomfortable, tedious, and according to deep dive by the Associated Press, not even that effective. The desire of not wanting to floss has spurred the invention of the waterpik but even those have their limitations. They make a mess and need to be refilled. Taking all this into consideration, Lisa Guenst, a dental hygienist from Philadelphia, took action created the ToothShower.
The Center for Disease Control states that half of Americans over the age of 30 are affected by periodontal disease, which can lead to tooth loss, chronic gum inflammation, and is associated with cardiovascular disease. The ToothShower is a complete oral care solution that cleans 100% of teeth surfaces, including those hard to reach places that would cause you to hyperextend your jaw when flossing.
The ToothShower connects to the water source in the shower and is mounted on the shower wall with little effort. There are three different attachments that come with the TootShower:
- A dual-headed toothbrush that targets the front and the back of the tooth at the same time.
- An irrigating tip to clean out the spaces between teeth and can be used by people that have braces.
- A gum massager that has seven water jets that remove debris, increases blood flow in the gums, and prevents the formation of plaque.
Benefits of the ToothShower over a traditional waterpik
- Virtually unlimited amounts of water
- No mess: You’re already in the shower so there’s nothing to clean up.
- Control the water pressure: Use the dial to determine a comfortable pressure setting
- No Battery/Electricity
- Mold Resistant Tubing
- Antiseptic spout in the where you can add your favorite mouthwash or tooth whitener
Overall, the ToothShower looks like a very user-friendly product. Coupled with a cleaning every once in awhile at the dentist, the ToothShower will keep your dental bill down and your smile looking good. Click the button below to support Lisa’s Kickstarter campaign.