Astroprint is back to deliver a simple, intuitive Touch Screen for your 3D Printer.
It’s called the AstroBox Touch.
It’s no ordinary Touchscreen though.
Think of it as a tiny portal that visually (and wirelessly) connects your 3D Printer to the most powerful, well engineered cloud in the 3D Printing industry.
It’s an adorable (Plug & Play) touchscreen that’s built with simplicity in mind.
It doesn’t require ANY assembly or tinkering.
This means, that it literally works right out of the box.
No need to be a geek.
With that said…
Our prototype is working great, and we need YOUR HELP to take it into production.
The AstroBox Touch at a glance:
- Beautiful 3.5″ touchscreen (480 x 320 pixels)
- Runs AstroBox Touch Software. Easy and intuitive to use – Just plug it into your printer and it’s ready to go!
- No self assembly necessary
- Simple, gorgeous user interface built with simplicity in mind
- Wirelessly control your 3D Printer without needing to use SD Cards
- Connected to the AstroPrint ecosystem – which includes the AstroPrint Cloud, Developer API, Desktop App(s) & Mobile App(s)
- Developer friendly
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi
- Compatible with all printers running standard Marlin, Repetier, & Sailfish firmware
Since the AstroBox Touch has been built with developers in mind –You will be able to install 3D Printing related apps from 3rd parties on your Touch just as easily as you install apps on your smartphone.
For example, you could have a Thingiverse app, a Design Repair app and an app that will send you text notifcations when a print has finished.
Let’s learn about the capabilities of the Android & iPhone Mobile Apps.
These are some of the features currently available:
- Ability to visually inspect your print bed
- Get notifications about the status of your prints
- Start and stop prints from anywhere around the world
- Print from repositories like Thingiverse with a few clicks without having to download anything
- Use our cloud slicer (which uses CURA engine) to slice and print designs directly from your smartphone
Those are the key features for the first version.
Much like everything else, we will be improving the mobile apps based on your direct feedback in the future.